Has been quite a while since we’ve heard of any news on Guild Wars 2 until today with new screenshots and trailers from ArenaNet showing off the sequel to their hit game ‘Guild Wars’. ArenaNet and NCSoft has been pretty quiet with any details but the new trailer and screenshots below are looking pretty darn sweet.
A release date has yet been set but it is currently in Alpha stage and they’re hoping for a release in 2010/2011. Looks like at least another year to go.
Just some quick notes on some of the awesome improvements on Guild Wars 2:
- Maximum level will surpass over 20.
- A “sidekicking system”, higher level players will be able to transfer some of their powers to low level friendly players in the same party.
- A global persistent game-world instead of the instanced zones
- An NPC companion system will be implemented to help keep the game solo friendly.
- In addition to Guild vs. Guild, there will be a large scale world vs. world matches in the in-game setting called the ‘Mists’.
- Current players of Guild Wars will be allowed to “port” achievements obtained in the original series into Guild Wars 2.
For now just check out the screenshots and trailer after the jump.